A chopper is basically a formerly heavy motorcycle that’s been stripped down and modified so it becomes lighter and faster. It’s almost always a motorcycle that you customize yourself, so you may often find yourself looking for various chopper motorcycle parts.
It is possible that you may find a local chopper motorcycle club in your area, but that’s not always a sure thing. Salvage yards may also have what you seek, but that’s also an iffy enterprise. I had a Honolulu home inspector friend find a salvaged chopper at an abandoned home-bought it and used it for parts!. But, that’s just something you can’t rely on.
Your best bet is to do what virtually every buyer in the US does when they need to find something exotic—just go online.
Here are some ways that can make it easy for you to find the parts you need:
1. Amazon. As the most well-known ecommerce site in the country, various sellers invariably offer their wares here. The sellers of chopper motorcycle parts are no exception to this rule. Just go to the website and look through the various parts offered there that can work for your chopper. You can also use the search bar function if you’re looking for a specific part.
It’s true that there are other ecommerce sites around, but Amazon is popular for many good reasons. It offers a wide range of parts, it has reviews that can warn you of bad products, and it can offer discounts. It’s a very trustworthy site and sellers love it as well.
2. eBay. Many sellers of secondhand parts aren’t really aware of how much they can sell their stuff. So they come to eBay to offer these items for auction. Plenty of motorcycle enthusiasts use eBay, so you may as well use it too. It’s very possible that you can bid on a part for a low price and win it at the auction. It’s another reliable website that people trust.
3. Deadbeat Customs. This website for motorcycle parts has chopper motorcycle category that includes up to 443 items at last count. That should give you a nice starting point when you’re looking for a number of parts for your motorcycle. It’s always convenient if you can get everything you need from one website.
4. Demons Cycle. This website has a few items that may interest you if you’re in the market for chopper parts.
5. J&P Cycles. This website bills itself as the world’s largest aftermarket motorcycle parts and accessories superstore. However, it doesn’t really focus on chopper motorcycles per se so the pickings may be a bit slim.
Of course, you can add to this list by using Google on your own. This will get you what you need, but you will have to spend a lot of time checking out the links that Google shows you. At least Google is quite good in showing the real best results, although after a while you may feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices to choose from. But at least if you’re looking to buy online, the last thing you’ll say is that you can’t find a store to sell the item you’re looking for!